Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a server running Front Page Extensions....?!?!!

(5 Posts)
morningpaper Thu 23-Oct-08 11:38:01

I appreciate this is UNLIKELY but I need to test a page which my hosting provider said is not working because I am crap, but I think is not working because THEY are crap...

MrVibrating Thu 23-Oct-08 15:37:38

Due you still need this? I can set one up for you if you want.

morningpaper Thu 23-Oct-08 16:05:57

Hi Mr Vibrating!

Thanks for the offer. You are a SWEET boy!! I have discovered that tripod offer free hosting with fp extensions so I'm waiting for a temp website to resolve, then I'll upload the files in question and see if they work or not

Don't you HATE it when you get stuck on a TINY THING aaaargh

MrVibrating Thu 23-Oct-08 16:16:35

No problem. If you change your mind, I have set up a spare at mp.mranchovy.com - email me at mr dot anchovy at mranchovy.com for the password.

I agree, it is always the little things that take the time - for instance it took me exactly 25 seconds to set up that virtual host, but I just spent an hour trying to get McAfee anti-spam working with the new Windows Live Beta, and then discovered the target machine had a full Microsoft Outlook license anyway!

morningpaper Thu 23-Oct-08 19:58:55

lol mrvibrating

I have spent about a WEEK trying to figure out why my frontpage form doesn't work

FGS it would have taken me ten minutes to code up a decent form in something else, but because I'm paying for FP extensions I am too annoyed that I can't fix it...

thanks for website - I need to write roundup and may then see if the tripod account is up yet

that should be about midnight grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now