Talk

Advanced search

Email client question Outlook?

(6 Posts)
Trafficcone Sat 18-Oct-08 19:37:29

I have Outlook Express but I use Outlook at work. I miss having the calender when I get home, so is it possible to download Outlook for free or would I have to pay for it? Express just doesn't do everything I want it to..

nannynick Sun 19-Oct-08 09:52:42

Outlook is a chargeable product. around £80
If you use an older version of Outlook at work, try to find the same version of Outlook (Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003).
60-Day Trial edition of Outlook 2007 can be obtained from the Microsoft site
Note: There are various versions available, some have Business Contact Manager. You may want to check on the work computer as to what version they have installed.

nannynick Sun 19-Oct-08 09:54:14

Another note, Outlook can be used with Exchange Server. If facilities you need rely on having Exchange, then that won't work at home unless you are able to log-in to your work computer systems from home.

Trafficcone Sun 19-Oct-08 19:27:55

Thanks Nanny, that's really helpful! Looks like I'm stuck with Thunderbird or paying for Outlook if I want the calender/reminder service in my email client..

nannynick Sun 19-Oct-08 22:13:18

You could perhaps try Lightning addon for Thunderbird also you could experiment with Outport if you needed to export data from Outlook to Lightning.

Thunderbird 3 (due towards end of year) may integrate the Lightning addon.

MrVibrating Mon 20-Oct-08 00:53:09

The (free) replacement for Outlook Express is called Windows Live Mail. The next version of it will include a calendar. If you don't mind the risks of using unreleased software, you can download a beta version here.

I haven't used this, so good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now