Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

God I hate iTunes - can someone pls help me?!

(16 Posts)
CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:29:25

<waaaaaaaaaaaah>

Now, I am reasonably technically competent
However iTunes has me beat

I have just deleted and re-installed it and I still have the same ishoos

1. It can't seem to connect to the internet to get track names or go to the iTunes store. Fuck knows why. It says make sure your network connection is active and try again. Does it mean my internet connection???

2. The main reason I removed it was because it was showing duplicate tracks which I couldn't get rid of. Now it has up to 4 of each, it says they are in the same folder and have the same track name, when I go into windows explorer I can only see one, why is it displaying multiple times in itunes???

Scootergrrrl Sat 18-Oct-08 17:30:49

1 - Yes it means your internet connection as the Itunes store is online.
2 - Can't you delete the multiple tracks in Itunes?

Hassled Sat 18-Oct-08 17:32:43

Can't answer Q2 but yes, it means you have to be on line to get track names etc. So open Internet Explorer or whatever first. And there is something in the options/preferences bit that switches the automatic "access Gracenote database" (which is where track names come from) on or off - default is on, I think.

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:33:54

I AM online
how do you think I am here!!!

Hassled Sat 18-Oct-08 17:34:23

OK - under "Advanced" along the top there is an option to Get CD Track Names. But you have to be online.

Scootergrrrl Sat 18-Oct-08 17:34:49

Alternatively, under the Advanced tag at the top, there's a Get CD Track Names thingy.

Hassled Sat 18-Oct-08 17:35:02

Yes, that's a good point blush

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:37:25

yes I have tried that
while online

it says unalbe to connect to the CDDB server the network connection could not be made

make sure your Internet connection is active adn your network settings are correct then try again (no hint as to what might be the correct network settings of course - but I have changed nothing, I don't understand it!)

Scootergrrrl Sat 18-Oct-08 17:39:19

The help page says something about clearing your DNS cache and trying again. To do it manually, Click Start and choose Run.

In the dialog that appears, type “cmd” (don’t type the quotes) and click OK.

After the DOS prompt (C:\), type “ipconfig /flushdns” (without the quotes) and press Enter. Make sure you enter a single blank space after “ipconfig.”
(Cut and pasted from the site - don't blame me...)

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:41:46

have done that - it said successful (though I didn't do from the C:\ prompt but from where I went in, should I go back to C:\ prompt (is that cd c:\) (yes it is i am sure)

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:42:49

ok done that too
still a prob
should I reboot do you think?

Scootergrrrl Sat 18-Oct-08 17:46:57

Yes, give that a go - update us when you get back!

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 17:47:36

I have run the diagnostics thing, it says that it can connect to the internet but can't access itunes etc

ffs

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 18:04:41

Right I have rebooted the router and the laptop
still can't do it

CountessDracula Sat 18-Oct-08 18:47:17

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Scootergrrrl Sat 18-Oct-08 18:48:21

Sorry - had to put monkeys to bed. Have you tried the authorize computer thing? I don;t know what it does but it might help.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now