Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a website where I can get a free url address?

(8 Posts)

is url the right thing?

I want to have an email address that says "squonk@friendsofsquonkettesschool (or something a bit like that) so I can set up an email thingumajig for the PTA at school.

I've googled "free url" and got loads of sites where I can BUY one. Which isn't free. At all.

So I thought... where can I get advice about everything under the sun????

but they were busy so I'm asking here instead wink

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 08:49:34

Can't you have squonkettesschoolPTA@hotmail.com Or any of the free email providers.

yeah, I probably could, I just wanted to have squonk@.... and everyone else on the committee can have whoevertheyare@.....

Just wondered if there was a free thing that wasn't so difficult to do...

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 09:49:34

You'd have to change them whenever the commitete changed though

I doubt there is a free one which would let you have the @schoolname.com though as the domain is a saleable item. I remember there was one which had a variety of email endings once but I can't remember what it was now and I'm not sure it would let you have anything.

aaah, poo!

I'll just go with the squonketteschool@hotmail.com then

Thanks for your help smile

nannynick Sat 18-Oct-08 12:45:23

You could use a service like Freeparking to register the domain name, which would cost you around £5 per year. It comes with a very limited website (4 pages) but should be fine as a holding-page type thing... and unlimited POP3 e-mail. So each person could be assigned their own e-mail address person1@ person2@ etc, and use their own e-mail software, or web-based e-mail which collects from other pop3 accounts (such as GoogleMail).

So not free... but low cost.

SharpMolarBear Sat 18-Oct-08 12:46:39

Plus net do Sharp@TheBears.plus.com which is a good compromise

MerlinsBeard Sat 18-Oct-08 12:47:12

was it monster where you used to be able to have whatever@whatever.com for your email address??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now