Talk

Advanced search

want to remove the white backround from some scanned pictures what can i use

(12 Posts)
katz Thu 16-Oct-08 19:27:46

want to remove the white backround from some scanned pictures what can i use and can i download a free trial from somewhere?

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 19:38:32

Do you have Microsoft Paint? You can do it easily with that, although it's a bit fiddly.

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 19:42:12

In Paint
- open file
- choose rectabgular selection tool (top right)
- outline bit of picture you want to keep
- Edit -> Copy
- Image -> Attributes -> set to 1 pixel height and 1 pixel width
- Edit -> Paste
- File -> Save (or File -> Save As)

katz Thu 16-Oct-08 19:51:33

picture is not square is a picture dd1 drew

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 20:24:11

Do you want to put it on another background, or make it transparent (e.g. for web use)?

You can do some stuff online with fotoflexer

littlelapin Thu 16-Oct-08 20:26:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

katz Thu 16-Oct-08 20:30:55

what i want to do is take the pictures DD1 has drawn and superimpose them onto different backgrounds, she is writing a story for her cousins as a christmas present and we are going to have them printed using a photobook. i have pictures she has drawn of a princess, a prince, a mummy dragon and baby dragon and the dragon's cage. She wants to put them against some pictures we have of castles, landscapes ect to go along with her story, so what i need is for the them all to be free to go on the photos i have.

katz Thu 16-Oct-08 20:31:41

littlelapin - it sadly says not currently available for dpwnload for photoshop4.

soapbox Thu 16-Oct-08 20:35:45

Download Picasa here and import the photo then crop around the picture taking the white edges out.

Picasa is free to download and fabulous for any quick fixes and for ordering all your photos.

katz Thu 16-Oct-08 20:40:23

fotofixer seems to be doing the trick thanks

Hulababy Thu 16-Oct-08 20:44:14

Oooh, might have to have a look at all that Katz; can I pinch the idea for DD and her cousin? Sounds fab idea.

katz Thu 16-Oct-08 21:07:58

course you can hula will be on my snapfish account once done so you can see!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: