Talk

Advanced search

Vista - canon disc for photos wont work - help!

(15 Posts)
hotpotmama Mon 13-Oct-08 21:51:16

I've just got a new laptop with Vista on it and can't get my photos uploaded onto it now cos its Vista and not XP. I need to install the canon disc that came with the camera but cant.

Anyone know what I should do? Pretty please??

SaTanicGore Mon 13-Oct-08 21:57:51

Try here

hotpotmama Mon 13-Oct-08 22:06:42

Thanks satanicgore but it won't work. I think I will have to mail canon or call them. Thank you for replying tho. smile

SaTanicGore Mon 13-Oct-08 22:09:39

Which camera is it?

hotpotmama Mon 13-Oct-08 22:33:04

its a powershot a95

SaTanicGore Mon 13-Oct-08 22:41:32

Hmm, should be compatible with Vista. What error message are you getting when you try to load the disc?

SaTanicGore Mon 13-Oct-08 22:42:42

Or have you tried connecting the camera via cable without bothering with the disc.

Lots of stuff is preloaded on Vista, including drivers for Canon products.

hotpotmama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:16:24

Ooops am such a technophobe, no wonder it didnt work was using the instruction manual disc! blush

Found the right disc and have installed zoombrowser now but it still wont let me upload the photos using the canon camera window, just does it using windows which is ok but that uploads everything.

Any ideas pls, Satanicgore? Ta.

hotpotmama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:16:25

Ooops am such a technophobe, no wonder it didnt work was using the instruction manual disc! blush

Found the right disc and have installed zoombrowser now but it still wont let me upload the photos using the canon camera window, just does it using windows which is ok but that uploads everything.

Any ideas pls, Satanicgore? Ta.

SaTanicGore Tue 14-Oct-08 14:22:56

Ah, that bit you have got me on as without seeing it in action (so to speak) I am stumped for what to suggest. Sorry.

Rhubarb Tue 14-Oct-08 14:25:30

Did you get my CAT?

My camera won't work either. I used to download all the photos onto the pc using the lead, but now it just won't work. None of the pictures appear on the pc, it stays frozen at a blank screen and if I click loads of times it says that the camera is busy doing something else!

How very dare it!

The bloody camera is full and I can't get them on the pc, so bloody annoying! I don't know if it's the camera at fault or my pc.

SaTanicGore Tue 14-Oct-08 14:32:22

Are the on the camera itself or on a memory card?

Rhubarb Wed 15-Oct-08 14:48:56

On the camera itself, though I can take out the little memory card; But usually I just attach the lead to the camera, plug it into the pc and away I go.

hotpotmama Wed 15-Oct-08 21:58:57

Rhubarb are you talking to SG re CAT? Don't know how to look at it if its for me.

Thanks for replying SG.

Rhubarb Thu 16-Oct-08 13:24:54

No, the CAT was about something else entirely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now