Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP Wordpress on a windows server that supports php

(9 Posts)
schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 17:30:30

managed with plesk - uploaded OK but when you try to open or access it says "server configuration error"

any ideas? geekboy, lapin any geeky types reading?

schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 17:49:51

littlelapin are you about?

anyone????????

schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 19:10:55

Lapin if you manage to see this, that's great.

If not I look like a complete fool and show myself to be one of the few MNers who does not have any email contacts off MN to share my sad little life with. I do not use the 'cat me' thingy either.

I have to cook dinner now in a not so geeky fashion. I will check again later to see if any geeks are out there.

JJ Mon 13-Oct-08 19:26:29

Am not familiar with installing it on Windows, sorry, but the Wordpress codex is excellent. Have you looked through there and followed those directions? I'm guessing yes, but it never hurts to ask.

Installing Wordpress - has a bit on Plesk

I'm also assuming you're installing a single blog and not Wordpress MU. Who is hosting the site? They should be able to help you through it if not install it for you - and a lot of them have scripts that do it automagically.

MrVibrating Mon 13-Oct-08 19:32:10

Need some more info/to make some assumptions:

As the server is configured with Plesk I assume PHP/MySQL etc. is working and the web server is Apache, not IIS.

Is the 'server configuration error' an HTTP error response ie 'Error 500 Server Configuration Error', not something that looks like it comes from WordPress (been a while since I did a WordPress install)?

schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 19:44:32

Thanks for replies, I will get DH to take a look when he gets in, this is now beyond my geekiness!

MonsieurHHTruqueur Mon 13-Oct-08 21:50:40

Sorry! You could try this:

1. logging into plesk
2. going to domainname.com > Setup
3. look down by Services - PHP Support
4. make sure "run as ISAPI extension" is checked

MonsieurHHTruqueur Mon 13-Oct-08 21:53:00

oops, must remember to namechange back blush (I would be a rubbish troll grin)

schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 22:48:57

grin thanks geellkgirl
dh thinks that might do it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now