Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help - Apple Mac - how do you attach a pages doc to an email?

(17 Posts)
FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 13:14:50

I am trying to send a document to my course tutor but I don't know how to get the document to attach. It is sitting in documents but is not highlighted to I can't attach it.

Help and please by gentle as I am technically challenged.

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 14:36:21

<<whines in small voice>>

Please

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 14:44:32

Are you using mail or a web based email?

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 14:47:42

mail I think.

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 14:49:27

did you click on the paperclip attach button in mail to bring up your finder window?

Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 14:49:34

If you're on Mails, scroll down all the headers, it's in one of them. I think it may be message. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful but am on a -crappy- -pc- different computer at the mo'. If you still have not joy I'll be able to get to my Mac in about 15 mins.

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 14:50:30

this is in the place where you are composing your message

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 14:51:03

I can find it, but its not highlighted so I can't attach it iykwim.

Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 14:52:45

Ah, you mean the document format is not attachable. Can you perhaps change the .suffix or add one in? Is it a programme?

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 14:53:29

but you got to the document, via your finder, through the mail compose message window?

Brangelina Fri 10-Oct-08 14:53:32

The .extension I meant.

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 14:56:20

When I click on the paperclip thing, it takes me to documents and what I want to send is sitting there along with other saved docs.

With my old pc I would have just clicked on it and it would have attached to the email.

But it is unclickable if you see what I mean.

Sorry I only know the very basics of email and stuff.

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 14:57:40

I need to go do the school run. if you reply please don't think I am ignoring you.

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 15:00:59

is it just a word document that you created? You can try moving it into another folder to see if it will highlight or copy and paste into a blank document and save it as something else and see if this will work. I am sorry not to be much help, am pretty technically challenged myself! Did you click on the choose file button at the bottom of the finder window? Sorry if that is really obvious but I have found things not working because I had forgotten to plug them in before!

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 15:03:33

Right this could be rubbish because I really don't know but this pc doesn't have word it has pages which is kind of the same, therefore I expected it to work in the same manner.

Arrghh farking dh - I knew what I was doing with the old plc - but no he had to have a new all singing and dancing one.

rosysslave Fri 10-Oct-08 15:21:04

Did you create a document on a word processing programme like word, a lot of things do work the same on pc's and macs like lighlighting text then pressing 'cmd' and 'c' will copy and cmd and v will paste the same as windows. Or is document you want to attach a photo/something that you downloaded or got of a disc? It (macs) does take a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't go back to pc now though I do have 'word for macs' Do hope it works, I know how frustrating it can be, the only thing I have wanted to throw through a window more than dh has been my computer! Have to pick up children and go to work now, will check later but am sure there will be someone better qualified than me to help! Good luck.

FimboGotAxed Fri 10-Oct-08 15:55:30

Thanks Rosysslave for all your help.

You too Brangelina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now