Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds had a cool home made CD in his party bag. How do I make one?

(15 Posts)
LynetteScavo Mon 06-Oct-08 21:09:59

What do I need to buy/do? blush

LynetteScavo Mon 06-Oct-08 21:29:22

Is it a secret?

harpomarx Mon 06-Oct-08 21:31:13

can tell you how if you have a Mac. Or a rewritable cd player thingy. Otherwise I don't know yes, it's a secret wink

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Oct-08 21:32:09

Not at all - do you have a computer with a CD writer? Do you have some CDs?

If the bag was really cool it'd have an (el cheapo) MP3 player in it with the songs direct on the hard disk! They only cost £5 each where we get them from.

grin

stayinbed Mon 06-Oct-08 21:32:30

what was on the cd? music? photos?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Oct-08 21:33:04

You could pay me £250 a day, come to my recording studio, sing your songs, I could record them and put them on a CD for you - how does that sound wink.

We can even use Melodyne to drag your voice into tune if necessary! grin

tissy Mon 06-Oct-08 21:34:33

ermmm...

isn't that illegal?

LynetteScavo Mon 06-Oct-08 21:36:15

It was a musica CD with a cool picture printed on it. I'm told a need a special printer - I need a new printer anyway, but looking on amazon none of them say "this one prints onto CDs"

I don't think this tihs computer has a CD writer though. hmm

And where do I get these £5 MP3 palyers whomovedmychocolate???

LynetteScavo Mon 06-Oct-08 21:37:34

i would come to your studio, WMMC, but my boys have made it very clear they don't want to hear me sing. Ever. sad

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Oct-08 21:50:44

Oh the labels - you can buy them in WHSmiths - it's just a particular sort of paper which adheres to the CD surface.

CPC Farnell - for the MP3 players, they are not v good tbh (well you wouldn't expect them to be for that price).

I'm sure your singing isn't that bad (believe me I've heard bad). You should do it anyway to show them what you can do.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Oct-08 21:55:57

www.medea.co.uk/pressit/pressit_download.htm

LynetteScavo Mon 06-Oct-08 22:59:40

Thanks smile

EachPeachPearMum Mon 06-Oct-08 23:02:21

Unless it is original music (that they have written and recorded) it is illegal to distribute music in this way.
No different to file-sharing/downloading.

onager Mon 06-Oct-08 23:36:22

There are special printers that print directly onto DVD/CDs, but you also have to buy special CDs so it's more expensive. Best to write on them with an indelible pen or buy the stick-on labels mentioned.

If you have CDs and you want to copy some tracks onto the PC and then onto a CD (just to have your favorite tracks in one place) that isn't necessarily illegal. After all you paid for the right to listen to them.

There are russian sites that sell downloadable music tracks for a few pence each that are borderline illegal. The argument goes on in the courts over there, but they claim to be legal and pay the copyright holders so if you download from them in good faith it's hardly your fault.

If you got a torrent client and downloaded music torrents for free through a torrent tracker site to play on the PC or burn to CDs/DVDs that would be illegal and you shouldn't do any such thing.

tissy Tue 07-Oct-08 19:27:43

if you copy tracks from cds you bought, you did NOT pay for the right to distribute amongst your friends/ children's friends. That is illegal, it doesn't matter whether you pay for the original recording, or whether anyone else pays for your copy- the performers don't get their royalties. As the relative of two skint professional musicians, I think that's important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now