Talk

Advanced search

Really odd problem. Can you diagnose?

(11 Posts)
Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 16:21:44

I use ebay a lot. At the moment I can't bid on anything, or get into My Ebay, although I can search. I can't save things either.

It really strange because when I go onto ebay.com (as oppose to ebay.co.uk) I can do all of these things and get into my ebay. However, then I only have access to the US stock on the site and I want the .co.uk stuff. I've written a message to ebay support but had nothing back.

I'm baffled. Do you have any ideas?

NotQuiteCockney Mon 06-Oct-08 16:22:34

I think someone else was complaining about this on here, if that helps - means it's not just you suffering, which means a fix should come ...

NotQuiteCockney Mon 06-Oct-08 16:24:07

Oh, never mind, the someone else was you ... I'd just seen the subject line.

Ok ... 1. What happens when you try to go onto the UK site. What if you log out and try to log in again?

2. Can you clear cookies? And also temporary internet files?

3. How long has this been going on for? And what, if anything, did you do just before this happened?

Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 16:24:24

Really? I mentioned it on another thread today but only had one response which was someone saying, 'No. Mine's fine' so I wonder if that's the one you saw?

Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 16:26:45

1. When I go on the site it recognises me and says 'Hello spidermama' but when I click myebay it says page not available.

2. I will try to clear cookies. Not sure how I do that but will try to work it out.

3. It has been going on for three days and yes I had long conversations with talktalk because I'd lost my internet connection and I did lots of baffling fiddling whilst online in order to get it back.

Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 16:33:54

Here's another strange thing. I can get online via AOL but have just tried launching Internet Explorer and it doesn't work.

I hope I haven't broken the internet. wink

NotQuiteCockney Mon 06-Oct-08 19:56:18

Hmmm.

Things to try:

1. Log in from another computer, a friend's house or something. See if your account works there.

2. Log out from your account on ebay and log in again.

3. Wipe all temporary internet files and cookies. What browser are you using, if IE isn't working? I only know how to clear cookies etc in IE.

It sounds like the fiddling with your connection may be the cause, but why would it affect only ebay? Will ask DH for his opinion.

Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 20:00:15

Thanks NQC. Will try these just as soon as I can get the kids to bed.

Spidermama Mon 06-Oct-08 22:16:16

Right I can do everything from my laptop. So it's the desktop which is the problem. I cleared internet cookies etc then I was able to sign into my ebay. So I bought something but then was unable to get to paypal. It's very strange.

Since I can get it done on my laptop the heat is off a bit, but if anything springs to mind I'd be grateful. smile

NotQuiteCockney Tue 07-Oct-08 07:37:26

You couldn't get to paypal on the laptop, or the desktop?

What did you change to get the net working on your desktop?

Spidermama Tue 07-Oct-08 15:01:11

I couldn't get paypal on desktop. (Did it from laptop) I can nly assume that I managed to get into my ebay because I deletedd all cookies and temporary internet files.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now