Talk

Advanced search

Can I download podcasts onto an Ipod shuffle?

(8 Posts)
seeker Tue 30-Sep-08 12:41:33

That's it really! Thank you!

whoops Tue 30-Sep-08 12:45:10

Yes you can
I did it to mine, I subscribed to the podcasts and then downloaded them
Haven't used my ipod for ages so that's about all I can remember!

seeker Tue 30-Sep-08 13:19:37

Hmmmmm. Then can anyone tell me why the Ipod shuffle I've just bought is ignoring my library of podcasts?

EffiePerine Tue 30-Sep-08 13:20:48

how is it set up? does it download from a specific playlist or your entire library?

seeker Tue 30-Sep-08 13:25:06

Bear in mind that I am ignorant.

OK. I have an Ipod nano. I have just bought a Shuffle so that I could have something to listen to while I'm doing things that might end up with it getting damaged (so that I only lose 30 quid rather than 130!) I plugged the Shuffle in. The computer recognizes it, it's little picture appears and all the rest. But when I try to synch it doesn't synch anything. I've tried to synch from "recently added" but still nothing. Does that make sense?

EffiePerine Tue 30-Sep-08 13:55:07

Are you in iTunes?

it should appear somewhere on your LH menu

then you can choose where to get your music from - a playlist or your library

if your library you prob won't get it all on, so it will pick random stuff

if you want something specific from your library, create a new playlist and then sync to that

does that make any sense?

seeker Fri 03-Oct-08 05:49:44

I've tried that - and it still won't work. Help!

RubberDuck Tue 07-Oct-08 11:05:42

seeker - when you plug your ipod in, do you see it listed in devices on the left hand side of itunes?

If yes, click on it so it highlights. You should get a summary page with details about your ipod, and a load of tabs at the top. Is one of them Podcasts?

If yes, click on that tab, tick the checkbox which says "sync all unplayed episodes of" then you can select all podcasts or choose specific ones.

Does that help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now