Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Compressing pictures on mac - help please oh mac-lovers

(9 Posts)
funnypeculiar Tue 30-Sep-08 10:59:40

I need to do this for a powerpoint doc - and my (otherwise lovely smile) non-mac colleague is gloating about being able to do it easily. Quick, help me salvage the reputation of all macs....

vonsudenfed Tue 30-Sep-08 11:02:10

do you use mail? If so the cheat's method (i.e. the one I use) is to put them into an email. Then you have a box in the bottom right hand corner for image size. Use that!

(Only because dh is the iPhoto user in this house...)

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 30-Sep-08 11:06:42

In i-photo, select file, export, then pick the size that you want it to be - should be obvious from there on in .

funnypeculiar Tue 30-Sep-08 11:20:06

Aha, am liking the mail option (iphoto incompetant here, sorry cantsleep smile)

She has some clever option by which she can compress all the photos in the file at one go. I was looking for something that would trump that ideally grin

funnypeculiar Tue 30-Sep-08 11:21:08

PS cantsleep, I SO struggle not to put an ' in your name grin

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 30-Sep-08 11:23:44

You can do several photos in one go my way. Just create a folder in iphoto and put all the ones that you want to do into it, then select the folder and do file, export as before. You'll see a count of the number of items it's going to compress in the bottom left of the window that comes up.

funnypeculiar Tue 30-Sep-08 11:24:29

aha, excellent - will be brave & try that way then, thank you smile

singleWhiteMale Tue 30-Sep-08 19:44:22

You can make an Automator workflow to resize images. It would be quite a lot of typing to explain here, and I'm very lazy, so here's a web page:
mactips.info/2007/03/resize-images-with-automator

If you save the workflow as a 'finder plug-in' you can select your images then right-click and choose 'resize' (or whatever you call it) from the menu.

funnypeculiar Tue 30-Sep-08 23:30:18

Thanks Singlewhitemale - I managed it today using cantsleep's technique, which was effective but time consuming (possibly because I need to clear out my photos smile), so will try that next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now