Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO USE A WEBCAM BEFORE I CRY?

(7 Posts)
MadamAnt Sat 27-Sep-08 16:21:03

I realise I must be terminally thick not to be able to do it, when everyone in the world is webcamming away to their hearts' content.

I have an extremely old webcam (10+ yrs, virtually steam-powered).

My mother has a webcam integrated in her laptop (Mac).

We are currently slapping away on our respective laptops (think Zoolander), and have made no progress.

I can broadcast to her via YawCam (ahem DH has set this up, I have no idea what it is or how it works).

My mother has told me to download AIM and iChat in order to become her "buddy" and see her.

I've downlaoded AIM but can't seem to make any further progress. Is there iChat for Windows??

How can it be so difficult? I'm sure I'm not that stupid! What on earth does everyone else do? They can't all have in-house boffins sorting it out for them.

It's not helped by the fact that my mother gets rather overwrought and high-pitched when thwarted by technology.

HELP!

MadamAnt Sat 27-Sep-08 16:22:19

See?! It's reduced me to writing in single-line paragraphs sad

MadamAnt Sat 27-Sep-08 17:37:19

bump

Scootergrrrl Sat 27-Sep-08 17:42:19

IChat is an Apple programme so I don't think there's a Windows version, I'm afraid. But you should be able to use AIM to chat to someone with IChat. This might help

Scootergrrrl Sat 27-Sep-08 17:42:49

PLease don't cry grin

BeHereNow Sat 27-Sep-08 17:51:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamAnt Sat 27-Sep-08 17:53:09

Thank you both! I think I may have it sussed (erm...DH took pity on me). We've signed up to SightSpeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now