Talk

Advanced search

SAVE DH - where has my itunes library gone?

(8 Posts)
EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Fri 26-Sep-08 21:35:33

I am in danger of killing him, he's in my bad books anyway!
He had to erase my log on on the laptop yesterday and although new log on is working much better, my itunes library has gone angry.
I hadn't got everything on the library on my ipod, so if it has gone forever then I've lost loads of music.
Please save my Dh (soon, possibly to be H) and tell me that the library will be somewhere..?

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Fri 26-Sep-08 21:41:13

Please anyone? A life without music is no life at all (ok, being a bit dramatic now!!)

MrVibrating Sat 27-Sep-08 23:53:17

I am afraid that iTunes stores its library by default under your Windows User directory. So if that has been deleted, it has probably gone sad.

This is one of the three main reasons paying for music on iTunes is not worth it.

MrVibrating Sat 27-Sep-08 23:54:45

Oops, forgot to say there is a hope if you can recover the files from your trash - search the trash can for itunes.

CoteDAzur Sun 28-Sep-08 08:33:48

I have bad news (sorry) - iTunes doesn't let you copy music back from iPod, except those you purchased off iTunes.

booge Sun 28-Sep-08 08:48:42

there is a program (pod utils?) that can copy back from and ipod.

emskaboo Sun 28-Sep-08 09:10:21

You need i-rip available if you search as free shareware on the internet, I've used it for me, my mum and dad and my DH, it seems to work on PCs and Apple.

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sun 28-Sep-08 13:51:02

Thank you people! DH is well and truly in the dog house as the majority of my music is not downloaded from itunes!
His only hope at avoiding the divorce papers is if a previous back up I did on an external hard drive still exists. Suppose I'll still lose some music but better than losing it all sad
Will investigate i-rip, sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now