Talk

Advanced search

New Canon Pixma printer - how do i specify how big I want a photo to be printed?

(5 Posts)
Shitemum Tue 23-Sep-08 22:42:20

I want to print a photo on normal A4 paper but I dont want it to fill the whole page I just want it about 10 x 15 cm in the middle of the page. i cant find anywhere where it tells me how big the image will be in relation to the paper....

HELP!!!!

Shitemum Tue 23-Sep-08 22:48:53

please?

Shitemum Tue 23-Sep-08 22:56:42

oh please........

overthehill Tue 23-Sep-08 23:24:17

OK, I'm not the world's greatest computer expert but I'll try and tell you what I'd do: go on to My Pictures (where your photo is saved) right click on photo and open with Microsoft Photo Editor. Press Print and you get a grey Print box with a blue stripe at the top where you can adjust the position on the page and size of the image, and it even has a 'Center' button to press on the Position bit. Then just press Print and Bob's your unclesmile! We have a Canon Pixma (not the latest model), but I don't think this is printer-specific.

Hope it works for you.

marmadukescarlet Tue 23-Sep-08 23:51:48

Do you use Photo Printing Wizard? Cannot remember if that came with CannonPixima or my camera tbh.

If you do you get a window entitled Printing Options, after 3rd 'next' click. halfway down is a button named 'printing preferences' click this and then go to second tab entitled 'page setup'

Top choice is 'page size' ask it to print 10x15 (there is a choice in inches and cms on mine for this), next down is orientation. Skip printer paper size for now and go to 'page layout' and select 'normal sized printing'.

Although if you don't have ppw this will be useless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now