Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can anyone talk to me about itunes/windows media/music library pretty please

(7 Posts)
harleyd Wed 17-Sep-08 16:10:15

all my music is stored in music, and copied in to itunes and also windows media player
am i taking up 3 times the space..or are the same files just being used out of the one library iykwim

my laptop keeps telling me its gonna die because there is not enough free space to keep everything running ok? so would i be freeing space by deleting stuff out of say the media player and just having it in itunes

tia

harleyd Wed 17-Sep-08 16:10:39

feck, did that make any sense or am i talking bollox

Flier Wed 17-Sep-08 16:12:00

i don't know but i would think that it has been stored three times on your computer, tbh

Flier Wed 17-Sep-08 16:13:06

well actually now that i think on it windows media player i would think would read from your pc, but not i tunes, i don't think, so perhaps stored twice? will take a look t my set up at the moment.

harleyd Wed 17-Sep-08 16:16:08

thanks, im scared to start deleting incase i delete it out of all 3 iykwim

Flier Wed 17-Sep-08 16:20:11

right i've looked at my system and most of my music is under the "my music" folder, but dh also saves music to my pc using sonicstage software and there are duplicate music files there, so I may be able to tidy up my pc too.

If you delete, it will go to your trash folder anyway, won't it, then you can check that the music you want is still where you want it to be. If its not, you can just tell it to restore from your trash folder.

assuming you are using windows?

harleyd Wed 17-Sep-08 16:23:58

oh recycle bin, i can restore from there cant i, hell im thick sometimes

i seriously cant see how ive used up 88gig and only have 695mb left, unless its all duplicated

will try and see, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now