Talk

Advanced search

anyone good with MS Excel??

(6 Posts)
llynnnn Fri 12-Sep-08 13:15:38

Does anyone know if the following is possible in excel:

copying figures that are currently all in a certain row over into another sheet but having them in a column? at the mo i retype all the figures!! pita!

changing positive figures to negative, without having to manually put a little minus sign in the cell!!

any help would be v v v much appreciated!!

MadreInglese Fri 12-Sep-08 13:18:33

copying figures that are currently all in a certain row over into another sheet but having them in a column

= copy, then paste special and choose 'transpose'

dunno about the second one, sorry

Bumblelion Fri 12-Sep-08 13:30:28

If you just want a minus sign before each number, highlight the column/row/cells that contain your numbers and then choose format number and select custom. Whatever way your number is displayed, just add the - under type, i.e. -0.00

Jux Fri 12-Sep-08 13:33:36

changing the sign - the only way I can think of doing it is inserting a new column and putting in this formula

=sum(0-a1)

a1 being the cell containing the number you want to change. You then copy/paste the formula all down the column, and then delete the original column (hopefully all your other formulas in the spreadsheet will adjust themselves correctly at the end of the process).

bogwitch Fri 12-Sep-08 13:35:31

To change figures from positive to negative or vice versa:

Copy figures
In another cell Paste Special
Click the Subtract option
OK

llynnnn Fri 12-Sep-08 17:17:35

wow, you are all brilliant!!

thank you so much!! I'll try them all out next time i have the hideous accounts to sort!!

thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now