Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Canon 5D

(3 Posts)
quickdrawmcgraw Wed 10-Sep-08 10:55:37

and is it really better than a 400D? I want to upgrade my camera because I am finding the 400D grainy. Is the 5D going to be much sharper?

spiceofthesouth Thu 11-Sep-08 00:11:56

you say grainy but is that really the problem rather than resolution, blurring or something else? grain (the digital version) is generally a result of using an iso setting that is too high. its true that 5d will capture more light than the 400d and thus allow the use of a lower iso, but then so would a faster lens or flash or more natural light. do you have any images anywhere online that show the problem?

quickdrawmcgraw Thu 11-Sep-08 09:55:05

yes, it's a problem in low light. There are times that i need to use a high iso and would prefer not to use a flash and then I'm disappointed with the quality of the picture. Like this:
I took this photo with 1600 iso as it was evening time and the light wasn't great. I took it with a prime lens.
this is how it looks close up
I'd prefer it to be sharper and was wondering if the 5D would be a big improvement. Well big enough to justify the large expense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now