Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find research about how people read on screen rather than on the page?

(8 Posts)
LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 16:17:28

Going to a job interview on Thursday (yikes!) for a job I really want and have to do a presentation (double yikes).

I want to talk about how people read and take in information differently if they read it on a screen than if they read it on a published piece of paper (job is in publishing), does anyone know of any such research, can point me in that direction?

Thanks a million!

funnypeculiar Tue 09-Sep-08 16:18:17

oh, I've read some stuff about that - not sure where though. Will try & remember....

LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 16:19:45

that would be fab, I know I've read stuff about it too but can't find the actual solid facts!

LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 16:29:02

bumpety bump

funnypeculiar Tue 09-Sep-08 16:32:30

Hummm, there was something in the economist when the kindle came out - might have been that...

LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 16:39:56

just searched around the economist, and they bandy a few off the cuff remarks about screen reading around, but nothing i can follow up. sad

it seems to be one of those things everyone knows, but noone knows where the research came from!

funnypeculiar Tue 09-Sep-08 16:44:41

Bugger, sorry. I think that's about all I can do too smile

LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 16:50:26

thank you for trying smile will have to do some intensive googling tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now