Talk

Advanced search

Skype problem - and dh is in Dubai for four weeks (sob)

(6 Posts)
Slouchy Sat 06-Sep-08 19:28:41

While he is away, Skype is our lifeline, really. We can have a good chat every night cos it is free, whereas phone calls are limited to under 1 min cos of the cost.

OUr problem is...we can't connect to each other's accounts. I can hear him but he can't hear me...both of us have run test calls (fine) and skped other people (fine). My microphone settigns are correct - it seems as if his comp has blocked me in some way.

Anyone clever know what we can try to resolve it?

Cheers m'dears

foxinsocks Sat 06-Sep-08 19:33:13

I think he needs to reconfigure his skype - there is a problem with it in dubai as the telecoms industry is v regulated there

just google skype and dubai

Slouchy Sat 06-Sep-08 20:24:59

Right thanks foxy. Have googled and what you say does seem to make sense. I wonder why he could speak to his dad though (fil lives about 3 miles away from here).All quite odd.

Any ideas about how he can reconfigure cos it seems as if you are not allowed to download Skype in the UAE ac to my googling?

Littlefish Sat 06-Sep-08 20:45:32

Can't help at all Slouchy I'm afraid, but I just wanted to commiserate. How bloody awful for you!

It's been very weird day here today (in an awful sort of way). 2 of the 3 roads into the village were flooded. Lots of houses flooded, a fire-engine drove down the road with a life-boat attached etc. etc.!

Slouchy Sat 06-Sep-08 21:22:27

Yikes littlefish! How dramatic (and scary). No flooding here (yet)though there is tyakj of the barriers going up soon down in the town.

Thanks for commiserations. I just hope we can sort it. It's a real lifeline for us all, him especially.

Slouchy Sat 06-Sep-08 21:23:09

Ahem.. that bit of Eskimo was in fact the word TALK wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now