Talk

Advanced search

has anyone got windows vista?

(7 Posts)
newforold Thu 04-Sep-08 16:33:02

Hi,

have just got a shiny new laptop but it's got vista on it. Is there a users manual i can get from anywhere on the net?

many thanks.

forevercleaning Thu 04-Sep-08 16:36:16

i have vista. It came with my new pc with one page leaflet on how to use it. did you get that?

LackaDAISYcal Thu 04-Sep-08 16:36:29

I think mine came with an instruction manual (well a disc of one at least), or go to the Microsoft help menus and you should be able to download one.

forevercleaning Thu 04-Sep-08 16:37:00

my pc is hewlett packard and it says that you go into the Help and support centre and click on User Guides.

calsworld Thu 04-Sep-08 16:39:46

What do you need to know how to do? I've just got a new laptop with vista on, and I just followed the instructions on the laptop...

newforold Fri 05-Sep-08 09:24:18

Hi,
sorry it's taken so long to come back! Many thanks for your replies.

The laptop is a work one so i don't get given the leaflet. I am supposed to psychically know how to work it... hmm

I'll try the user guides, it keeps doing odd things though, yesterday it lost Outlook and couldn't open it, today the screen has gone all dark (like it's in powersave mode) and the contrast buttons don't make any difference.

girlandboy Fri 05-Sep-08 09:29:36

If you need instructions, try your library. There should be user manuals there for you to take out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now