Talk

Advanced search

help me find a good mobile phone deal

(3 Posts)
jvs Wed 03-Sep-08 21:43:32

Have had my phone for last 5 years and feel the need for something new..... does not have to be the most up to date phone in the world but something a bit 'cooler' than my brick would be good! Have searched and searched on google and am now totally baffled as there is so much around!
What phones do you have and who does the cheapest tarif?

SqueakyPop Wed 03-Sep-08 21:45:59

I buy all my phones from Virgin on the PAYG deal. I really don't understand why people pay £20+ a month for contracts. I buy my phones outright and then just pay for the calls.

The last phone I bought was £25 - very nice spec. My personal phone bill is about £2 a month.

nannynick Wed 03-Sep-08 22:10:21

It will depend on your usage. I had a Virgin PAYG (still have it, as a backup and as a torch!) but recently changed to a contract mobile on 3, as I now use it for Broadband Internet as well as voice/txt.
Combining Internet, Voice and Text together has saved me money, but I am not using my full monthly allowances.

Your area, and where you go (such as countryside) may determine the network you use, as some networks work better in some areas than in others.

If you are happy with your current network and your current price plan, then see what your current network will offer you with regard to handsets.
Personally I prefer Nokia, non sliders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now