Talk

Advanced search

accidentally formatted SD card from camera, photos lost

(8 Posts)
gingernutlover Sun 31-Aug-08 22:00:07

we went to disney this week and on the last day i accidentally formatted the sd card in our digital camera

now this would have been fine as i know there is recovery software out there

but .... dh then did a low level format whilst fiddling and the recovery software wont find anything

any one out there know how we might be able to get the 200 lovely pohotos off the card????????? if they are still there of course sad

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:09:55

tke it to a pc repair shop and ask them. If you can't find it with your recovery software, they may have something more powerful

I did this with DS1's baby photo's (not newborn ones, but soon after - about 4weeks worth of them) and was devastated - we didn't know about the recovery software at the time and were lost forever.

mabel1973 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:12:24

there are companies on the web that do this sort of thing, you can send the card off to them, it's quite expensive though

AMumInScotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:05:54

I'm sorry, but a low level format will have completely wiped them off the disk. An ordinary delete you can recover from, because the data is still there, but a format, specially a low level one, will have scrubbed it completely clean.

gingernutlover Mon 01-Sep-08 19:17:43

oh dear

thankyou for the advice, this is what i feared though, have found some software on the web called spinrite which claims to be able to detect files even after a low level format, but looks like you need to be a bit of an expert to use it

lizandlulu Mon 01-Sep-08 19:28:08

i dont know if this is the same thing as what i did, i think i just deleted my photos from the card, but i got something called card reader off the net. cost £20 but did getthem back. sorry if its not what you are after, just trying to helpsmile

Kimi Mon 01-Sep-08 19:34:52

No grantees, but this has worked for me:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

gingernutlover Mon 01-Sep-08 19:44:45

i am looking for somthing which might magically recover files after a low level format (if this i somehow possible? am beginning to think not but desperate to get those photos if i can)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now