Talk

Advanced search

My broadband supplier is cutting off the supply every time we watch video content in busy times even though we have an 'unlimited' package....does this happen to other people?

(3 Posts)
oi Fri 29-Aug-08 15:09:12

first of all, I know they can do this as no package is strictly unlimited (and all providers can limit use in busy times) but

a) they have denied they are doing this when they clearly are and
b) as I need it for work at home (and so does dh) I'm wondering whether swapping to a business package may help

I just find it v annoying.

MrsJamin Fri 29-Aug-08 16:15:51

there's a known issue with some routers and bbc iplayer if that's what you're talking about?

oi Fri 29-Aug-08 16:29:07

ahh MrsJamin, that could well be it

I phoned BT last week and demanded a new version Home Hub but they won't give me one until I can prove there is a problem with our one (grrr) so I think I'm going to upgrade to their Business Broadband anyway and then I should get a new hub by default.

Thanks SO much for pointing this out now because I can use it as ammo. Our Homehub is definitely doing that - reseting on watching live news content which dh often needs for work (haven't checked the iplayer though it worked last week when I watched something).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now