Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Broken Camera - Will Memory Card Work and How???

(4 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Fri 29-Aug-08 13:11:18

Sorry but a bit of ditzy question coming up now! I dropped my camera and now none of the controls work.

I can retrive the memory card so how can I use it to get the photos onto my pc? Is there a 'slot' or portal in my lap top where it can go and I can then download them (can't see anything the right size!) or do I have to take it to a photo shop for them to do something with (or will they laugh at me????!!!)

FrazzledFairyFay Fri 29-Aug-08 13:14:03

Some laptops do have card-reader slots. If yours doesn't (mine doesn't), then you can take the card to a photographic shop and ask them to burn the pics onto a cd for you. They won't laugh smile

AMumInScotland Fri 29-Aug-08 13:15:23

Lots of laptops have slots which will fit these cards, so if yours is failry recent it might well do. Do you have instructions for the laptop? It should show them. Or just look for a slot the right size - there's nothing much else the same size as a memory card!

My printer also has one, if you have a printer look on that as well.

A Photo shop (or even some supermarkets etc) can put them from memory cards onto a CD or DVD for you, if you don't have any other way.

RustyBear Fri 29-Aug-08 13:17:43

The slot might actually look bigger than your card if you have a small card like an XD. What make is your laptop? You can google to see the spec if you don't have the instructions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now