Advanced search

the new firefox what do you think

(11 Posts)
zippitippitoes Fri 29-Aug-08 12:52:01

.....it does seem quicker

but i am finding the history a bit odd

VictorianSqualor Fri 29-Aug-08 12:59:16

Yeah, me too.
I type in www.mu.. and it tells the names of the bloody thread! Not sure I like it.

I didn't realise it was a new firefox, we just bought a new pooter and i thought it was something Vista had done to it.

FAQ Fri 29-Aug-08 13:01:09

haven't downloaded it yet - keeps popping up telling me it's available and I keep clicking "later".......

mrspnut Fri 29-Aug-08 13:03:05

We've been beta testing it for months now and I love it. It's so much easier to use and the ability to just type search words into the address bar has been so much easier.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 29-Aug-08 15:32:58

I like being able to type in a random thing I remember about a book marked page and the page appearing rather than me having to guess under what obscure file I shoved it into.
Like the back button too grin

MerlinsBeard Fri 29-Aug-08 15:35:10

i like it. muchbetter than remembering web addresses! plus the other just stopped working on my puter

MerlinsBeard Fri 29-Aug-08 15:36:10

the back button baditten? why? (i have the met office "thing" on mine lol)

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 29-Aug-08 17:05:20

I dunno - it just looks nice!

I love the metoffice gadget - its really handy.

PortAndLemon Fri 29-Aug-08 17:06:56

History is taking some getting used to, but overall I like it.

lou031205 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:28:22

Love it. Have you added add-ons?

Best ones so far are Colourful tabs, and Cooliris preview - excellent for MN, because you just scroll over the thread title, and you can view the thread without having to select it. So for ambiguous threads where you aren't sure if you are interested, you can take a sneaky peak!

KatyMac Mon 01-Sep-08 20:46:22

It kept asking me to update but I was busy

Now it won't ask anymore - how do I find it again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now