Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to print from DHs laptop to the printer connected to my PC?

(11 Posts)
Flier Sun 24-Aug-08 13:51:28

If so, would someone be able to talk me through what to do to set it up?

KatyMac Sun 24-Aug-08 13:53:52

Yes - I do it wirelessly (both computers need to be on)but I bought 'Network Magic' & it did it all for me blush

AvenaLife Sun 24-Aug-08 13:57:06

If it's a new printer then just plug it into the laptop via the cable and it will de everything for you.

If it's an old printer then put the disc for the printer into the laptop. I have the printer connected to a different computer, if I want to print off the laptop I take the laptop upstairs and put the cable in the back. I only do this for things that are already on the laptop (not internet because I have to disconnect the laptop from the modem, no wifi).

Flier Sun 24-Aug-08 13:59:55

avena, i thik i should be able to do it wirelssly by setting up a network

frasersmummy Sun 24-Aug-08 14:00:39

how is your pc connected to your printer.. is it via a cable?? and if so what kind of connection do you have on your pc.. is it a parallel connection (large connection with lots of pins) or a usb connection (small silver connection)?

apologies if ths sounds patronising .. just didnt know how aufait you were with the "jargon" and didnt want you think what is she on about

frasersmummy Sun 24-Aug-08 14:02:10

oh sorry cross post .. I dont know much about wireless printing so will stay out of this

Flier Sun 24-Aug-08 15:58:58

Can anyone else help?

SqueakyPop Sun 24-Aug-08 16:28:40

We have a networked printer, so we can print from any computer in the house. The printer is connected to our wireless hub.

Microsoft have a printers bit to its sharing utility. If your printer is connected to one PC, then you can set up permissions on that PC to allow other computers on the network to access the printer.

Flier Sun 24-Aug-08 16:54:36

thanks squeakypop, sounds like just what I want. So where do I start? What do I have to do?

EvelynsDad Sun 24-Aug-08 20:13:43

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx

Flier Mon 25-Aug-08 10:23:46

thansk evelynsdad, will take a look at that this evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now