Talk

Advanced search

can someone quickly tell me how to connect a wireless printer to a Mac - it is driving me mad!

(3 Posts)
harpomarx Wed 20-Aug-08 10:50:20

Have been given a Lexmark Z1420 wireless printer. No instruction book. Have installed cd but don't know how to get the computer to 'see' my printer. I have plugged it in (although the lead supplied seemed to be the wrong one hmm and get a green light on top of the printer but no wireless light at the front, iyswim.

I have had a look at Lexmark's website but can't make head or tail of their instructions - nothing on my Mac is the same as their instructions!

i'm usually not bad at working things out but am a bit outdated in my knowledge and just want a quick route into connecting the damm thing - it's been sitting on the floor now for about 6 months!

bramblebooks Wed 20-Aug-08 11:02:30

arrrgh!

When I set up my wireless printer there was a point in the setup where I had to connect the printer to the computer so that it could configure the network. Dunno what lead you'd use for that, but good luck!

harpomarx Wed 20-Aug-08 11:10:26

thanks bramble, I do have a usb cable so I will try to connect that and see if it helps.

you are right about the arrrgh! factor though, my poor brain was in a puddle in the floor last night smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now