Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a hard drive digital video camera, please!

(7 Posts)
BecauseImWorthIt Wed 20-Aug-08 10:38:33

We have (for work) a JVC Everio camera that is about a year old and was one of the first available models. Nothing wrong with it, but as (I assume) there will be more models available on the market now, wondered if anyone has a particular recommendation?

We would be using it to film people in interviews and in group discussion sessions, so it would be hand held as well as on a tripod.

Needs to be able to record up to 4 hours at a good quality.

TIA

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 20-Aug-08 10:39:26

Sorry - should have said we're looking to buy another one! Budget not really an issue, but would hope to get it for less than £500.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 20-Aug-08 17:14:44

Anyone?

MascaraOHara Wed 20-Aug-08 17:15:45

I think I have the same JVC one as you so can't help I'm afraid sorry

SqueakyPop Wed 20-Aug-08 17:16:02

We have the Everio - it works.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 20-Aug-08 21:30:28

Well yes, SP - I know it works!

I was asking because I wondered if there were any newer/better/cheaper models on the market that would be worth considering1

babyOcho Fri 22-Aug-08 06:28:22

We have a Sanyo Xacti HD 700. We paid around £280 for it. It uses SD HC cards, and we have a couple of 8gn ones. We bought it because it fits in your pocket. You are not going to be the next spielberg with it but its solid state has no moving parts and to be honest its perfect for children. They do cheaper and more expensive models. We looked at the JVC but it was too bulky and expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now