Advanced search

You know this BT thingie that means you can go on -line away from the house - what's it called & does it work?

(12 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 10:58:40

Because I'm going away & I want to see if I can go on-line while I'm gone

DH will be watching Olympics as he isn't allowed outside so I thought I'd see if I can MN

jura Fri 15-Aug-08 11:05:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TequilaMockinBird Fri 15-Aug-08 11:10:41

It's called BT Total Broadband Anywhere

I know a few people who have this (staff) and the only negative thing i've heard about it is that the battery life on the handset is crap.

jura Fri 15-Aug-08 11:14:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jura Fri 15-Aug-08 11:15:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 11:15:35

Nope I don't think this is it either

I used it once by accident at a service station - I just logged in with my BT password & used a ireless connection

TequilaMockinBird Fri 15-Aug-08 11:17:06

BT Openzone?

Cappuccino Fri 15-Aug-08 11:17:40

dh will know, we have BT

I will ask him when I see him if you like

KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 11:24:02

That's it - Openzone

It's miles away

This holiday really is jinxed

EvelynsDad Fri 15-Aug-08 12:04:25

£35 for a USB dongle seems expensive. 3 will do one for £15/month with 5GB usage.

JudgeNutmeg Fri 15-Aug-08 12:34:44

Think you need the check the network coverage of where you will be staying. I nearly bought the 3G stick until the salesman had a fit of conscience and told me that actually, it didn't really work in our town.

jura Fri 15-Aug-08 12:37:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: