Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth buying an ipod if i cant install itunes?

(6 Posts)
petitmaman Wed 13-Aug-08 19:29:52

I am at last thinking of joining the 21st century and buying an ipod but our computer is husbands work computer and we are not allowed to install anything extra like itunes? is there any other way of downloading music?or is it just not worth getting an ipod unless we get a computer (not going to happen) thank you

Tinker Wed 13-Aug-08 19:33:40

We got an ipod this weekend (freebie) and we have had to download iTunes to use it. So, I would just get a non-awkward mp3 player - Creative Zen are good ones.

bran Wed 13-Aug-08 19:36:15

I have a Sansa MP3 player which is drag and drop and doesn't need to go through itunes. It's really good, although I did need to order another pair of earphones as I wanted noise-reducing ones. It's much smaller than the picture on Amazon.

I mostly use it for audio books and podcasts though, I haven't really downloaded much music to it but there are other MP3 music sellers besides itunes so it ought to be pretty straightforward.

vixma Wed 13-Aug-08 19:36:45

Not ipod, need to download itunes onto computer to use

petitmaman Wed 13-Aug-08 20:34:06

thanks everyone
so a different question.
just want to have loads of music, downloaded and from my cds. not films or anything but quite a bit of memory and pref easy to use. what do people recomend? thanks

bran Wed 13-Aug-08 20:45:35

My Sansa is easy to use, I think they do one with a 3 gig memory too. I think if you want to turn cds into mp3 files you might need to download some extra software (which obviously you can't do on your dh's computer). Mind you, I'm pretty computer inept so perhaps someone a little more techy than me will be able to advise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now