Talk

Advanced search

How does having more than 1 e- mail address work on the same account?

(8 Posts)
triplets Tue 12-Aug-08 22:58:13

Hi,
My lovely friend is in a pickle and I don`t know the answer! She has just changed internet providers to AOL and set up a new e-mail address, they didn`t accept it and suggested another one very similar which she has accepted. Now a friend has pointed out that the address almost reads like ahole@ etc etc!!So as it doesn`t seem very business like she has set up another address, it says you can have up to 7 different addresses. She has mailed all her friends and asked them to use the second address, but when they reply everything defaults to the ahole address!! She can`t seem to access that address on its own, any ideas please?

Tinker Tue 12-Aug-08 23:03:01

Is she sure she sent the email from the new address? I've got aol and we've got 4 addresses on it - all replies go to respective accounts.

triplets Tue 12-Aug-08 23:07:59

How does she get into the 2 diff accounts?

Tinker Tue 12-Aug-08 23:11:37

When initially signing on, aol should show a box with the original email address. You need to drop down to email address you want and then sign on with that address. Or, at top of screen when signed on, click on 'Sign Off' and click on 'Switch Screen Name' and change via that.

TequilaMockinBird Tue 12-Aug-08 23:11:38

On AOL there is a button on the toolbar at the top which says 'Sign Off'

If she clicks on that, it will open a dropdown box with the option to 'switch screen name'

triplets Tue 12-Aug-08 23:29:48

Thank you both of you, I will mail her now and pass that on, a great help!

triplets Wed 13-Aug-08 10:04:59

She`s sorted, thank you guys!

Tinker Wed 13-Aug-08 19:16:04

Hooray! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now