Talk

Advanced search

Icons have changed in Favourites page now have Martin Lewis's face for everything!! How to change it all back??!! Please!

(7 Posts)
Ivegotaheadache Sun 10-Aug-08 12:54:22

On my favourites page bit, where I have the shortcuts to my favourite sites, I would usually have an icon next to it which related to the actual site.
I thought this was great, but now for some reason the icons for all the sites have changed and are of Martin Lewis's face (him from moneysavingexpert.com).

Now, I like Martin but quite frankly I don't want his face as all the icons and it's getting on my nerves a bit now.

I've right clicked on the site name and gone into properties and there is a bit for change icon but I don't know which files to look under for the correct icons.

In the end, I tried to change it to a star icon which worked until I clicked on the site in the favourite bit but Martin came back. Even now in the address bar I have Martin's face in front of the mumsnet web address.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about! I would appreciate some help. Thanks

Slouchy Sun 10-Aug-08 12:58:43

No advice at all, but lol at this situation!

Perhaps you could google a pic of Johnny Depp and try to replace martin with Johnny to ease the pain slightly?

Ivegotaheadache Sun 10-Aug-08 13:48:53

Thanks Slouchy grin

The icons are called favicons apparently. I have looked it up adn it seems that a lot of people are having this problem and there is some advice but it's a bit technical for me so I don't know what they're talking about.

If anyone has some favicon help for dummies, I would be very grateful!!

TheLadyofShalott Sun 10-Aug-08 13:50:38

Does veryone else have Martin Lewis too?
Is he planning to take over the world?

Ivegotaheadache Sun 10-Aug-08 14:10:06

By some miracle it's all gone back to normal!! Yaay!
I cleared the cache (which I have found out means the temporary internet files, history, and cookies) and after I rebooted, it was all back to normal - no more Martin Lewis grin.

I have the lovely M for mumsnet again.

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 10-Aug-08 15:11:30

LOL

me23 Sun 10-Aug-08 15:13:25

oh this made me lol! glad its sorted itself out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now