Talk

Advanced search

laptop 'return' button is not working.....

(13 Posts)
psychomum5 Thu 07-Aug-08 19:38:53

as it says in the title, the laptop 'return' button has stopped working.

it is on DD1's laptop, and I wonder if she may have done something in the control panel???

all other buttons work, just not this one, which is highly irritating for her, and me, as I find myself on hers if DH needs to do invoices on ours (god, the rudeness of DH using 'our' laptophmmwink)

so........is it that she has done something, or do I need to take it to PC world to fix???

TIA

NigellaTheOriginal Thu 07-Aug-08 19:40:29

wack it with a big hammer. i find this either makes things work or makes it necessary for a little shoppingtrip.

LadyOfWaffle Thu 07-Aug-08 19:40:50

Either maybe a crumb stuck somewhere or it's been bashed - try it tomorrow then I guess take it to a PC fixer place. No idea how you would go about changing key functions to know how to correct it, if it's that...

psychomum5 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:48:33

lol @ whack it with a hammer.

I do find that workd with making DH do stuff, but with a laptop that costs money.....hmm

for replying tho!!!

a crumg thohmm......that may be the reason!!!

I will investigatewink

NigellaTheOriginal Thu 07-Aug-08 22:00:30

am v technological minded. can you tell?

InvisiblePsychomumVowelThief Thu 07-Aug-08 22:05:35

have just read my last post.......am stunned you can understand it with all the typosblush.

DD1 is out now, and I have no clue as to her password, so will wait until the morning.

PMSL @ your tech mind tho

morningpaper Thu 07-Aug-08 22:07:04

turn upside down

shake vigorously

(turn off first of course, otherwise you may shred the hard drive)

also try hoovering it

KatyMac Thu 07-Aug-08 22:08:33

You have to turn it off before you do that

<<smacks self in the head>> that's where I've been going wrong

InvisiblePsychomumVowelThief Thu 07-Aug-08 22:12:59

apparently (DH has returned with the scouting DD's), the blowing and hoovering has been tried!

and DD1 is informing me the 'up' and 'down' buttons are also not working.

<<sigh>>

DH is now picking off buttons to see if that helps!

EachPeachPearMum Fri 08-Aug-08 10:48:25

Sounds like she spilt a drink on it.....
You can replace the keyboard.
Is it in warranty? DONT mention the drink to them though wink

InvisiblePsychomumVowelThief Fri 08-Aug-08 19:59:00

thanks for answers all

took it into PC world and it is still under warrenty with them so they looked at it, aiming to fix it for free!!

seems as tho the entire keyboard has gone wonky this morning......it was writing gobble-de-gook this AM, and she could not even sign in.....

they looked at it and have said that the keyboard is defective and are sending it off to be fixed, and health-checked too.

she is in the clear......no sign of a reason, so they say "one of those things".

EachPeachPearMum Fri 08-Aug-08 20:07:43

YAY! grin good service for a change!

InvisiblePsychomumVowelThief Fri 08-Aug-08 20:09:38

DH reckons one of the tech guys likes me......I always get good service in therewink

((well, so far anywayhmm))

tis nice to say goos things about a store tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now