Talk

Advanced search

Please could someone help me fix my computer - It has a nasty virus

(22 Posts)
busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 10:16:28

Hi, my computer has a trojan virus.

I have tried Norton, Spybot, Nod32 and am now on a Kaspersky 30 day trial. They have all detected the virus but on system reboot it comes back. When i try to delete the file it says "access is denied and make sure the disk is not write protected or full and the file is not currently in use".

It is making my comouter run slow and ads keep poppng up when i am on the internet.

I have heard that one way to get rid of it would be to reformat the computer but what does that involve.

Please can anyone suggest a good antivirus that will clear all the rubbish from my computer.

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 10:18:50

go on nortons website they have the removal tools on it

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 10:19:17

you need to delete if from the system registry too.

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 10:19:40

does it say what the name of the trojan is?

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 10:20:16

i use macaffe and its the best one ive ever had

navyeyelasH Thu 07-Aug-08 10:23:30

busymummy tell me the name of the trojan and I'm sure I can find a way of removing it. Don't reformat PC unless you know what you are doing.

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 10:23:33

try this its free and might remove it

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 10:50:44

Thanks.

It is coming up as Trojan program Heur Trojan.Generic

I wouldn't know where to start reformating but if it came to that then my DH or brother would have to do it.

How do i deletefrom system registry. Sorry to be dim but i am useless at these kind of things.

navyeyelasH Thu 07-Aug-08 11:39:22

I use Kaspersky, so if you run that then detect it, can you quarantine it?

AvenaLife Thu 07-Aug-08 11:42:10

I'm using a 90 day free trial with windows live one care at the moment, this is very good. I did a full scan when I downloaded it, it blocks anything unwanted from accessing your pc.

AnAngelWithin Thu 07-Aug-08 12:38:53

this should help tells you how to get rid of it through your kapersky programme. Also says that it may not be a virus but they treat it a a virus because of the words used. Hope this helps!

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:37:36

Sorry for not replying have been out all day.

It wont let me quarantine as it says access is denied so i have to skip over it.

I have just sent the file over to Kaspersky for them to investigate whether its a virus or not. So will wait and see what they say.

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:40:14

It wont let me quarantine as it says access is denied so i have to skip over it.

I have just sent the file over to Kaspersky for them to investigate whether its a virus or not. So will wait and see what they say.

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:41:29

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:41:32

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:42:26

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:44:26

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:48:36

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:48:37

Thankyou all very much.

busymummy77 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:48:38

Thankyou all very much.

Thankyou all very much.

Thankyou all very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now