Talk

Advanced search

Pan has lost his power pin - please help!!

(12 Posts)
Pan Tue 05-Aug-08 13:15:48

yes, the power pin that is in the back of my Packard Bell Easynote laptop - the bit which the power pack plugs into.Well it's come unstuck from the motherboard and is now rendered useless. Another one CAN be soldered back on if I can get one.
It has been with a local shop for about a month and they tell me now they can't source a replacement. Which I do find hard to believe! Surely PB make them, or someone else under licence??
So can I please ask 'from where can I get one??' Any ideas? Anyone been here before?? I am posting from my work WID which is pretty unreliable as our org. normally filters out MN shock.

Any assistance would be really appreciated. thanks.

SNoraWotzThat Tue 05-Aug-08 14:20:05

You may get some help if you post on here

webdesignerforum dot co dot uk

I have been rummaging myself for some info. Good luck with your rehooking up your motherboard!

Sorry no other advice.

Pan Tue 05-Aug-08 16:24:23

thanks SNora - trouble with this is having to post and be around for replies, when I can't be using my own pc, and the one at work won't permit this site. It will be under the "really useful site so bog off if you think we will let you see it" category of refusals.

Can I get really bespoke and ask if anyone knows of a reliable pc parts suppliers that may have power pins? This laptop is about 3 years old so not TOTALLY decrepit.

thanks.

Pan Tue 05-Aug-08 17:35:35

bumpety-bump??

SNoraWotzThat Tue 05-Aug-08 17:40:34

Packard Bell is the inhouse brand for PC world (so dh tells me) and you should go back to the shop (dixons or pc world/ Same company) and get a new one.

Does that help?

JackieNo Tue 05-Aug-08 17:45:53

ebay?

Pan Tue 05-Aug-08 17:49:02

well, I did go back to PC World (where I bought the laptop from indeed!). they tell me I need a new motherboard as the pin is soldered onto it, AND...wait for it.....they don't do such work on site. I will have to pay £100 to have it collected and dropped off, diagnosed and then pay what ever exhorbitant charge they make for the replacing of the motherboard.......not an option I want to take when all I need is leeetle piece of metal soldered onto the m/board.....

so anyone please?? All I want in life is a power pin for a Packard Bell Easynote laptop.
I am prepared to commit illegal acts for and on behalf of anyone who provides information that ends in the purchase and fitting of the power pin.

Eye thang yew.

SNoraWotzThat Tue 05-Aug-08 17:55:13

the bastards

bump.

JackieNo Tue 05-Aug-08 17:55:35

Rolta (whoever they are)
laptopsockets.co.uk?
(are these the right bits I'm linking to?)

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 17:59:15

If it helps, my Packard Bell Easynote G1 is actually an NEC QUA-NR1.
Have a look on the bottom of your laptop to see which model your's is.

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 18:05:17

Try This EBay Store - even if they don't have it, send them an e-mail and see if they can source it.

Pan Wed 06-Aug-08 13:18:51

Am getting the local shop to look atthese sites - and perhpas even actually order something off one of them for me......thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now