Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please - a good, user-friendly photo-sharing website that doesn't ask your friends to sign up to view your photos.

(11 Posts)
greenday Thu 31-Jul-08 12:04:37

I only know Flickr, but would like to explore a few more. But really don't want those that require all that signing up and password hassle.

I just want my friends to view the photos, and not con them into giving away their details IYKWIM.

Thanks!

EvelynsDad Thu 31-Jul-08 14:48:14

You could try Picasa?

greenday Thu 31-Jul-08 17:29:28

Thanks I will check it out. I only used Picasa to create a collage. Didn't know they are a photo sharing website as well.

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 17:34:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greenday Thu 31-Jul-08 17:42:20

Lovely picture of you, littlelapin! May I say, those galsses complement you so well!

Basically, I want to password protect MY albums, but when I send them out to friends to view, I do not want my friends have to create an account / login / register in order to view them.

Does Picturetrail do that?

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 17:45:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelliesAndPyjamas Thu 31-Jul-08 17:48:13

piczo?

EvelynsDad Thu 31-Jul-08 19:38:31

The Picturetrail help and terms don't seem to say how much you can upload?

greenday Fri 01-Aug-08 09:13:40

Wouldn't that mean that its unlimited? Hope so.

MrVibrating Fri 01-Aug-08 23:59:10

From the terms and conditions on the PictureTrail web site...

"New PictureTrail members are assigned a free Intro Account. After 31 days, they are switched to the free Basic Account if they have not already upgraded to the Premium account level. Free Basic accounts are eventually phased out from the system if not upgraded to the paid Premium level."

But there is no information about the 'paid Premium level'.

So you sign up for free, commit your IP to their site and then they tell you how much it is going to cost for what level of service.

Or are they not as bad as they look? Personally I'd stick with Picasa Web Albums.

Flibbertyjibbet Sat 02-Aug-08 00:02:00

I upload our pics to truprint. I can get the photos printed, or give family etc the passwords so they can view the pics themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now