Talk

Advanced search

Camera memory card question.... can't delete what's on it

(14 Posts)
Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 20:28:08

I have a 1Gb memory card in my camera. I've downloaded and saved my holiday photos to my PC and backed them up.

I now want to delete them from my camera and I know how to do it and have done it... BUT it only deletes the latest images and instead of having 450 new images to take, it shows only 85 available - there are still photos lurking somewhere on the memory because when I go to upload the new photos it uploads my holiday photos again but I can't view them on the camera in the usual way. Where are these images lurking?

The 4 trillion page instruction manual doesn't help!

WelliesAndPyjamas Wed 30-Jul-08 20:30:25

can you insert your memory card in or connect the camera to the computer? and if so can you see more pics then?

Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 20:36:22

Yes, the holiday pics aren't shown when I view them on the camera but upload when I attach to the pc.

There should be 454 pictures available to take but the memory card is showing 85 available and saying that there are no images to view (I've deleted more recent ones). So the memory card should in theory be empty but it's not - they are lurking...

SaintGeorge Wed 30-Jul-08 20:39:49

Can you reformat the memory card?

WelliesAndPyjamas Wed 30-Jul-08 20:43:27

when it's attached to the pc can you select all the ones (using shift and click) you want to delete and just delete that way?

Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 21:09:51

Wellies, but that just deletes them from the upload, they seem to stay on the camera.

SaintG - how would a dim person reformat a memory card please?

Thanks both for your help by the way!!

Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 21:11:56

hang on there is a reformatting memory card bit in the manual, I will check that

DontNeedAnything Wed 30-Jul-08 21:13:49

Is it an SD card?

If it is I think that there may be a physical little switch on teh card which prevents you from over-writing when you don't intend to. If reformatting doesn't work take hte card out and see if there is a little switch.

Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 21:14:02

ta darrrrrr

reformatting the memory card took a second and has done the job.

Thank you!

Kbear Wed 30-Jul-08 21:14:44

Yeah, I found that little LOCK button the on side but reformatting seems to be the answer!! Ta

DontNeedAnything Wed 30-Jul-08 21:14:47

the little yellow switch on the left of this card is what I am talking about....

DontNeedAnything Wed 30-Jul-08 21:15:37

X posts....glad it is sorted.

SaintGeorge Wed 30-Jul-08 21:25:44

Glad you got it sorted. smile

WelliesAndPyjamas Thu 31-Jul-08 06:31:03

glad it got sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now