Talk

Advanced search

Help, my computer has a virus. Norton is not doing anything!!!

(3 Posts)
busymummy77 Wed 30-Jul-08 19:10:47

Am not very good on computers so help would be appreciated please.

Have managed to get a virus (trojan) and ads keep popping up when i am online which is really annoying.

I paid for Norton to scan and it keeps coming up with the problem but says i have to manually fix it.

Any advice on how i can remove this malicious software that is doing this and making my PC run slow as well.

lynnec Wed 30-Jul-08 20:16:07

Is it any particular pop up or are they all different?

Norton is one of the worst Anit-virus you can use, along with McAfee, the best is Nod32, google it, you can get a free trial, which would remove all the crap from your pc, i have worked with pcs for many years now, i have used nod32 on all my pcs and have never had any problems with pop ups, trojans etc.

busymummy77 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:22:31

Thanks, i will give it a go. I am just uninstalling Norton first as it says to do this. I am getting all sorts of pop ups but mainly the same ones. Some are rude, ebay sometimes pops up, o2. There are quite a few and it is annoying. I wnt be using norton again and i paid £60 for it. I am trying to get a refund as you can before 60 days but guess what i am not getting any replys to my emails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now