Talk

Advanced search

OK so how do I un-register my 10yo from facebook?

(14 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 30-Jul-08 16:13:05

I am at home

She is at a friends

Her emails come into my account

I have a welcome to facebook email

Soooo, what do I do?

& how?

Miaou Wed 30-Jul-08 16:21:30

Ring her up and tell her to cancel it now.

KatyMac Wed 30-Jul-08 16:22:36

She is too young?

I'm not over-reacting?

Miaou Wed 30-Jul-08 16:23:31

Well I wouldn't let my kids do it, but then I don't like/do it myself. I certainly would be very unhappy about any of my children doing it without discussing it with me first.

tiggerlovestobounce Wed 30-Jul-08 16:24:52

The rules for facebook say you have to be 13, so she has lied when she registered.

RBH Wed 30-Jul-08 16:26:44

Think facebook is the weird one where it is actually quite hard to completely remove yourself. The options you get let you deactivate the account but it still exists. There is a way to remove it but it is tricky and (unhelpfully, sorry!) I can't remember how. I think there was a thread on here a while back that did explain how so it might be worth doing a search.

On the other hand she may well set up a new account linked to a different email address so maybe keep this one but monitor it like crazy?

KatyMac Wed 30-Jul-08 16:31:37

I haven't used the email to activate it

Should I delete it? or move it to my email box? Or email them?

I phoned and was very cross

MehgaLegs Wed 30-Jul-08 16:36:12

You are righ tnot to let her use it. I deactivated my account after seeing some really nasty, sexually explicit pics posted on a friend's profile. She hadn't seen them to delete them. It really shocked me.

watsthestory Wed 30-Jul-08 16:40:54

Message withdrawn

PortAndLemon Wed 30-Jul-08 16:43:05

You need to activate it, then log on and go to this form to delete it entirely rather than just inactivating it.

PortAndLemon Wed 30-Jul-08 16:44:04

(That form to delete the account is new, I think, after so many people complained at how hard/impossible it was to delete accounts)

watsthestory Wed 30-Jul-08 16:44:20

Message withdrawn

KatyMac Wed 30-Jul-08 17:40:25

I emailed & I am awaiting a reply

CuckooClockWiseCrack Wed 30-Jul-08 17:43:41

Port and lemon is right. That thread was mine (different name) but I did eventually manage to get it deleted, after about ten days of repeatedly e-mailing them....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now