Talk

Advanced search

screen too drk on Acer Aspire 5360 (Vista)

(8 Posts)
oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 12:31:18

ds has messed about with computer and changed the screen to realy dark. Has happened once before and easily fixed with a function key and something else but have forgotten how and am googling with little effect blush

Any ideas? TIA

oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 12:46:53

that would be really

suedonim Mon 28-Jul-08 13:15:20

I have an Acer. Have you looked at Control Panel? What about system restore? That might work.

oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 13:50:10

oh thank you and I am trying Sue but nothing is working. Am sure last time I just had to hold own one key (don't ask which oneblush) and press one of the funtion buttons. Am getting cross now angry

oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 14:04:34

sh5t - screen br5ght aga5n b4t 2eyb6ard f4c2ed sad.

RustyBear Mon 28-Jul-08 16:50:50

You've probably just pressed Fn + Num Lock - do it again to sort out the keyboard

oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 17:08:32

thanks Rusty - I had done just that but it took me 30 mins to sort it out blush. Am embarrassingly hopeless with technology. Screen back to normal - I think it might have been to do with the battery as ds had unplugged it and it was out of charge.

Thank to you and Sue for the help anyway smile

suedonim Mon 28-Jul-08 22:24:15

D'oh, I should have thought of that as my screen goes dark when its on battery - talk about missing the obvious!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now