Talk

Advanced search

Which camera should I buy. I think I have narrowed it down to 2.

(15 Posts)
DontNeedAnything Sun 27-Jul-08 17:32:51

Panasoni FS3 with a fantasic Leicha lens and good all round on everything else. Has mechanical anti-shake stuff and face recognition that I want. It is pushing my budget at £100 online or £130 on the high street.

Or

Samsung S760. This is only £55 so more affordable. Has image stabilisation but it is digital. It isn't as nice as the Panasonic and the lens isn't as good.

I should go with teh Panasonic. Itt is a better long term camera isn't it?

Spagblog Sun 27-Jul-08 17:43:43

Would always go for the better lens.
So Panasonic for me.

BaDaBing Sun 27-Jul-08 17:45:51

Just to confuse you I have this camera and it was a really good price for a very good camera. Has a 10x optical zoom, which you don't find on many other point and shoot style digi cams. Very highly recommended!

SqueakyPop Sun 27-Jul-08 17:46:44

I bought a fab 12GB camera on ebay for £99 which included a 2GB memory card and a free 4GB camera. It was the Vivitar brand. I think I saw the same camera in Tesco for about £80 (without the extras).

I am really, really happy with it. It is so much better (brighter, more colourful) than the £250 HP that it replaced.

DontNeedAnything Sun 27-Jul-08 17:46:46

Even when you take into account the price difference.

The Samsung is fantastic for hte price.

It is just that the Panasonic is quite a bit better, but more expensive.

Basically I will get what I pay for. I Want the Panasonic. But I feel nervous about spending £45 extra in the current climate when the Samsung will do its job.

DontNeedAnything Sun 27-Jul-08 17:50:02

BaDaBing. That is a very good camera - I agree. BUT i really don't want an SLR. It doesn't need to be ultra compact but an SLR is too big.

As for ebay - I am not comfortable buying an item of this value on ebay. Sorry. If I get the Panasonic I may even pay the extra £30 and go fr the "security" of hte high street.

MarsLady Sun 27-Jul-08 17:50:53

I have a Panasonic and it's beautiful. Takes amazing pictures. I'd go with the Panasonic every time.

themoon66 Sun 27-Jul-08 17:53:18

I got the Panasonic TZ3. It's normally about £250, but I got mine in Costco for £169.

Easy to use, good lens (Leicha)and a good big playback screen at the back too.

WendyWeber Sun 27-Jul-08 17:53:39

The Fuji one isn't an SLR, it just looks like one - I will see if I can find you a pic of it side-by-side with an actual SLR. It's bigger than a small compact one but still pretty portable.

MarsLady Sun 27-Jul-08 17:54:35

I have the same one as you themoon. smile Beautiful isn't it?

themoon66 Sun 27-Jul-08 18:01:12

Oh yes Mars.. I take fab pics now with no effort at all. The video works perfectly too.

DontNeedAnything Sun 27-Jul-08 18:02:48

I am trying to find a reason to save money and go fo rhte Samsung....and I can't find one, and you don't seem to be able to find one either....

WendyWeber Sun 27-Jul-08 18:08:05

They got a family to do a one-on-one test of your Samsung against another Panasonic (DMC-FX33) in Which this month, DNA, with that Panasonic at £150 & the Samsung then at £80; they said the Panasonic took better pics in dim conditions but for the price the Samsung is a great camera.

HTH smile

PortAndLemon Sun 27-Jul-08 18:14:46

If you are thinking long-term then the Panasonic. The Samsung is great value but its limitations will start to annoy you.

DoubleBluff Sun 27-Jul-08 18:17:05

threadcrasher!!
I have been looking at Sony cameras, any opinions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now