Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What happens if you join the mumsnet group on facebook?

(8 Posts)
Dragonbutter Thu 24-Jul-08 13:39:06

I'm a bit cautious about it.
Will you know who I am?
Will you all be able to see all my photo's and be able to message members of my family hmm

ghosty Thu 24-Jul-08 13:43:02

I am on the group but few people know me as i haven't said what my MN nick name is.
Make sure your privacy settings are set so only friends can see your profile. That way no one in any group can see your photos or anything unless you invite them to be your friend.

Dragonbutter Thu 24-Jul-08 13:45:13

So what is the point of joining?
Might be handy to have more people to play scrabulous with.
What else is good?

ghosty Fri 25-Jul-08 02:42:35

not much point really. I joined ages ago and have hardly looked at it. The last time I looked there were a few people having chats (sort of MN type chats) but it's a bit boring I think.
I chat separately with a couple of mners on fb but that's it really

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 25-Jul-08 06:44:25

No idea! I'm on there, but don't have a clue who most of the other MNetters are.

But I don't really get FB either. I'd rather e-mail or instant message via Skype, tbh.

It can be quite good seeing friends' photos, etc - but I also think it's very slow, and I get frustrated with it so end up not using it that often.

Dragonbutter Sat 02-Aug-08 10:49:02

ok so i requested to join.
now what?
what if i get refused?

Tigerschick Sat 02-Aug-08 10:51:50

I was wondering about this ... I decided that, if I want to chat to MNers then I'll coem on MN and if I want to chat to friends then I'll use f/b ...

Dragonbutter Sat 02-Aug-08 10:54:22

That's very sensible.
I'm just too damn nosey and want to see what's going on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now