Talk

Advanced search

Quick help! DD2 has bashed the keyboard and rotated the screen....

(14 Posts)
egypt Tue 22-Jul-08 08:41:49

how do i get it back? she's done this before and i've fixed it but can't seem to remember how

EvelynsDad Tue 22-Jul-08 08:42:18

CTRL+ALT+UP ARROW

egypt Tue 22-Jul-08 08:43:45

I LOVE YOU [KISS]

JulesJules Tue 22-Jul-08 08:51:51

My dd did this twice and I had no idea how to fix it, so I did a system restore. Then I saw the correct way to do it in the Sunday Times computer problem page (as EvelynsDad says) so I'll know for next time...

egypt Tue 22-Jul-08 08:55:58

i managed to fix it some other way before, never knew the alt+ctrl way. think i right clicked something and left clicked on 'rotate' but can't for the life of me find that.

well never mind, will know how to do it next time, straight away

thanks evelynsdad

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 22-Jul-08 09:21:42

I'm still mystified as to why you would a facility to rotate the screen anyway!

egypt Tue 22-Jul-08 11:34:48

exactly.

weirdos

you cannot mive the mouse in the same up down laeft right fashion, you have to imagine it the right way up and then move it

warps your brain

RustyBear Wed 23-Jul-08 15:37:23

Some monitors can be rotated so they are portrait orientation instead of lanscape - my sister has one - she's a translator & it's better when you're working on long documents.

Also you might want to rotate the image when you're working with some types of projected display.

wotulookinat Wed 23-Jul-08 18:32:14

I love you guys! I was just getting in a flap because DS did the same thing. I blame DH who lets him run riot angry
Many thanks grin

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 23-Jul-08 21:08:50

I can understand being rotated by 90 degrees - but why would you want it upside down?!

(which is what I managed to do with mine)

wotulookinat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:16:32

It was so annoying. I was sat holding the screen upsidedown (thank got it is a flatscreen!) so I find out what to do.

EvelynsDad Wed 23-Jul-08 21:44:28

If you can rotate it through 90 degrees, it's probably no extra work to allow it to rotate 180, even if you don't expect anyone to use it.

Probably someone somewhere has a use for it, but I'm having trouble thinking one up.

RustyBear Wed 23-Jul-08 21:53:56

It would normally be used when the monitor might need to be attached somewhere upside down - for example in a piece of scientific equipment where it won't fit the right way up.
A lot of projectors are ceiling mounted upside down - normally you'd adjust the projector image rather than the computer display, but we did have one at school where it had gone wrong & the image had reverted to right way up for the projector (so wrong way up on the screen) & we couldn't get it back, so I flipped the image on the laptop so the teacher could use it till we could get it fixed.

wotulookinat Wed 23-Jul-08 23:21:07

Ha ha it must have been DS telling me that I am on the computer too long blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now