Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to stop your emails being forwarded in Outlook?

(6 Posts)
Katisha Mon 21-Jul-08 22:30:12

Is there any sort of security/privacy setting that stops someone just forwarding my emails?

zebramama Mon 21-Jul-08 22:37:26

Whilst this is ridiculously easy in Lotus Notes, Microsoft makes things more tricky.

Try this:
Create a new mail message.
On the toolbar there might be a letter icon with a No Entry sign on it.
Clicking that will tell you all about setting Permissions.
I think you need to be using Outlook 2003 or later. I can't remember in earlier versions, but you are looking for a "Permission" that prevents "Copying". This stops Copy/Cut and Paste; Printing; Saving; Exporting and Forwarding.
However they can still hit "PRT SCR" on the keyboard and paste a picture of the email into something like MS Paint or other image packages, so it isn't completely fool proof.

Katisha Mon 21-Jul-08 22:56:34

Hmm thanks. I am in Outlook 2003 but can't see anything with a No Entry sign or anything referring to permissions.

zebramama Mon 21-Jul-08 23:08:33

Slaps Forehead....

Try File -> Permissions -> Do Not Forward.

MrVibrating Mon 21-Jul-08 23:13:55

Unless you can be sure that the person receiving the email can only use Outlook then no, there is nothing you can do.

Katisha Tue 22-Jul-08 08:07:00

Thanks. It looks as though the No Entry/permissions icon has been disabled on my system (it's a work one).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now