Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My mouse is wonky...

(17 Posts)
SoupDragon Sat 19-Jul-08 22:21:53

How can I calibrate it so that the mouse pointer actually points at the thing it's clicking on? At the moment, it's out so that when I draw a line in someething like paint, the line appears about 5mm to the left of where the mouse pointer is.

I've got Vista.

southeastastra Sat 19-Jul-08 22:22:23

clean it lol

SoupDragon Sat 19-Jul-08 22:24:30

I don't think it's the mouse as such, it's probably something more technical than that. I think it's actually the mouse pointer onscreen that's wonky rather than the mouse itself...

I've not been drinking, honest!

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 09:22:25

[pleading]

Purplepillow Mon 21-Jul-08 09:28:49

I am not an expert but also have vista, Have you tried.....Control panel, under hardware ans sound click on mouse, then device settings and then reset device.

Hope that works for you, if not some-one more computer literate will hopefully be along soon grin

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 09:35:54

Hmmm... I don't appear to have that option.

thanks though My Geeky Friend's "helpful" comment was to stop drinking hmm

Purplepillow Mon 21-Jul-08 09:41:05

If you are on a desktop then may be under a different heading,(I am on a laptop|) I would look through all of the control panel and see if you can find it.

shock &wink at your geeky friends comment.

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 09:42:16

I have a "mouse" option under control panel but nothing like "reset device". It claims the mouse is working perfectly...

Purplepillow Mon 21-Jul-08 09:45:23

It should be the last tab on the right after hardware (that's where mine is).

stufftodo Mon 21-Jul-08 09:55:13

Message withdrawn

MrVibrating Mon 21-Jul-08 10:14:59

Try this: open the mouse settings from your control panel and change the pointer scheme from Windows Aero to None

SoupDragon Mon 21-Jul-08 10:21:29

Nope. In Paint the line still draws 5mm directly above the pointer. It's out for clicking other stuff too though.

I'll try anything though

MrVibrating Mon 21-Jul-08 10:34:11

Anything? How about updating your video card driver?

MrCSWS Mon 21-Jul-08 11:09:52

Is it a dell?

if so, have a read of this

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 11:18:14

Have you tried moving your head 5mm to the left and squinting?
Sorry blush

zebramama Mon 21-Jul-08 22:03:19

Found an answer for this one:

Quote: "Luckily, a simple solution was in store - Open the mouse settings from your control panel and change the pointer scheme from Windows Aero to None. That did the trick."

Full text here:

www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/windows-vista-mouse-problem-pointer-position-not-accurate/2610/

SoupDragon Tue 22-Jul-08 10:49:02

Wohoo! Found the new driver (yes, it is a Dell) and installed it and now I don't have to squint at the screen from the right.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now