Talk

Advanced search

Any MS Word gurus around?

(6 Posts)
KerryMum Sat 19-Jul-08 20:25:00

I'm desperately trying to do a "Chef Card" for ds1 when we travel to Austria in a couple of weeks. I am making it into a small brochure in 3 columns (both sides) which I will then have laminated.

I put a border round the entire thing and for some reason the border on right hand side is not printing out. I have checked margins, etc. and am stumped. Any ideas?

RustyBear Sat 19-Jul-08 20:27:37

Try checking the paper size of both your document & in your printer settings - default setting for MS Word is Letter (US) not A4, which is the normal European size.

WilfSell Sat 19-Jul-08 20:28:56

Can you see the border on the print preview?

KerryMum Sat 19-Jul-08 20:33:45

No. couldn't see it in print preview.

It was A4 landscape but think I have sussed it thanks to rusty's hint. I changed width of page and now seems to work. When I changed margins it merely moved the columns and not the border.

MrsWeasley Sat 19-Jul-08 20:35:54

I have had this its a pin. To solve it I increased the size of the page border (in the page border section) and then it printed ok

MrsWeasley Sat 19-Jul-08 20:39:13

That should have read pain not pin blush

when I say size it is actually called the "width" I also sometimes have to reduced the length of the paper very slighty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now