Talk

Advanced search

very easy question re address books/group contacts

(11 Posts)
onepieceoflollipop Thu 17-Jul-08 20:47:44

Hi, apologies that this seems a very simple question but I am not technically minded.

I have been doing some charity work and often receive (appropriate) e-mails along with a whole lot of other people. So, the sender obviously has set up a group contact and sends to all of us. Is there a quick way of me setting up a group contact list myself. The only way I know is to write them all down longhand then type them all laboriously into the address book and make them into a group contact. This would take ages - there are about 50 names and addresses!

Is there some way I can click on them and cut and paste? Any advice would need to be simple (please).

BodenGroupie Thu 17-Jul-08 20:57:30

Are you using Outlook? If so, File New Group...

onepieceoflollipop Thu 17-Jul-08 21:01:17

It's Windows Mail so slightly different, but I did click on file and if I play around there are various (easy) ways I can work it out from there.

You have been very helpful thanks.

BodenGroupie Thu 17-Jul-08 21:05:23

My pleasure - the only thread I've read tonight where people aren't getting cross with each other!

onepieceoflollipop Thu 17-Jul-08 21:16:14

Oh no! (Don't worry BodenGroupie I am not getting cross, just a bit frustrated)

I worked out how to reply to all the names in the group, and accidentally sent the original e-mail back to them. But I realised that I don't know how to forward a completely different e-mail on to them! So you were a big help, but only partially.

Does anyone else have Windows Mail and know how to do this? Thanks.

palaver Thu 17-Jul-08 21:18:10

can you not right click on the name and add it to your contacts?

palaver Thu 17-Jul-08 21:21:28

once they are in your contacts it is fairly quick to set up a group list.

I use Thunderbird now, but have done similar in Outlook and Exchange

onepieceoflollipop Thu 17-Jul-08 21:23:54

palaver I probably can right click on the names - never thought to try that. (have clicked on most other things though!)

Thanks for the suggestions, off to try again!

palaver Thu 17-Jul-08 21:24:38

let me know if it works smile

onepieceoflollipop Thu 17-Jul-08 22:03:52

right, I clicked on them all (and saved the ones into my address book that weren't there already)

Then I set up a new Group Contact, had to go through and select them one by one, took a while but is done now (and I am slow anyway!)

Thanks so much, it was one of those silly niggly little jobs that one never gets round to.

palaver Fri 18-Jul-08 10:17:25

result smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now