Apologies for my ineptitude with all this "computer".
For the last couple of days my computer keeps "freezing". IE I have windows internet explorer open and try to do something and it works fine, then suddenly doesn't respond and I have to "ned now", then the error report send message appears. Now I know this happens sometimes but it is happening 50-60 times a day!
When was the last time you did a complete reinstall? Windows tends to get bloaty and sluggish after a while (used to do a reinstall every 6 months or so when I was using Windows, but I was a fairly heavy user - would say once a year is a good guideline).
Big things to remember before a reinstall:
- write down every program you currently use and make sure you have any registration keys etc that you need. Remember things like anti-virus/anti-spyware programs too.
- make sure you have all the drivers you installed with it (like for a camera or printer etc) and the original OS installation disks.
- make sure you back up all your data (in two separate places if possible)
- write down an order of what you need to install to get yourself up and running again as quickly as possible. I start with the OS (obviously) and get that patched right up, then install anti-virus/anti-spyware, then email/alternative browser and work from there.
- allow at least a full day to do it in.
- if you're not confident then get a techy to do it for you
Sorry rubberduck. Computer is only 5 months old, so never reinstalled. Rest of Q is more for dh to answer rather than me. He has snaekded home sick and gone o bed whilst I was out with children, but when he has a mo/feels better I am going to let him see what he cn do. Thanks anyway.