Talk

Advanced search

If you work in the ICT sector, please could you answer a question for me?

(11 Posts)
snickersnack Tue 01-Jul-08 17:04:25

I’m trying to work out if there is a single magazine in the UK for the industry as a whole…something fairly general and non-specific that most senior management in the industry would read, or at least would be aware of. I’ve been asked to do some research and I’m struggling. What about Connect-World? Is that any good, or do they just have better promotional skills than their competitors? Also, it looks like it’s not a regular publication, and I was thinking of something that came out monthly or quarterly…I appreciate this isn't a standard MN query, but I don't know anyone who works in ICT and couldn't think where else to go.

stealthsquiggle Tue 01-Jul-08 17:05:23

I think the quick answer is no - but maybe InformationAge?

snickersnack Tue 01-Jul-08 17:27:44

That looks just what I'm looking for, thank you very much!

stealthsquiggle Tue 01-Jul-08 17:40:23

Glad I could help

<<preens self that something work-related was actually of use to someone ever on MN!>>

EvelynsDad Tue 01-Jul-08 18:54:59

Is Computer Weakly still out there?

ReallyTired Thu 03-Jul-08 17:30:46

I think a lot of stuff tends to be web based these days.

opinionateddad Tue 08-Jul-08 11:14:45

easy answer for generic IT publicaitons

ITWeek and Computer Weekly

Both are available online and give good news covering the entire IT spectrum

superflybaby Wed 09-Jul-08 16:20:10

Excellent typo EvelynsDad

After a run in with their publishing department recently, that really made me smile.

MrsJamin Wed 09-Jul-08 16:28:04

Does it have to be a paper publication? If not, the register and slash dot would be a good place to start.

LadySnotAlot Wed 09-Jul-08 16:29:06

IT Reseller magazine - always a good one. Also ZDNET is an online one that almost all IT bods will look at and it's for worldwide not just UK.

Paddlechick666 Wed 09-Jul-08 16:31:15

oh dearl, I am in the industry and I read none these publications via the 'net or otherwise.

blush

mind you, i'm far too busy being a geek to be reading magazines!

grin

ps: also smile @ Computer Weakly, years since I last saw it and I only ever used for job hunting then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now